Host On-Demand Mainframe Access
Remote Access Instructions
EPA's Mainframe with IBM Host On Demand
This section provides information necessary to connect
to EPA's Mainframe after connecting to EPA's network via Remote Access
using Host on Demand.
The following steps are applicable to all categories of
Remote Access users. Once connected to EPA's network, you will need to
complete these steps to allow full-screen access to EPA's Mainframe.
This document describes the process of starting Host on Demand for
connection to the mainframe. Once connected, you can work on the
mainframe as if you were sitting at your desk in the office.
The following terms are used in the text:
- TN3270 - A standard for software created to access a
- Host Name - Name of a the server you are accessing.
- Browser - Software used to open web pages.
Prior to starting this installation, confirm the
- Availability of Applications for Installation on the
Remote Computer. This can be obtained from your Agency Information
Center (for EPA HQ users contact your LAN Manager).
- You have properly configured your connection to EPA's
network manually, and it is up and running and have the Access EPA
Intranet and the Internet
- Internet Explorer is
installed and working properly.
- If you have a problem installing Host On-Demand, you
may need to upgrade your Java. To upgrade your Java, type the
following exactly as it appears:
- Click on download J2SE JRE link on the
to EPA's Mainframe
- The Host On-Demand links are located on the Enterprise
Server Access Home page using the URL below.
- Click on Host On-Demand V10.0.6 to connect to Secure
Click Yes in the following window to trust the
- Click OK in the following window.
- Double-click on a 3270 icon below to start a Host
On-Demand session to access EPA's Mainframe.
- It can take 3-5 minutes for the mainframe window to
come up and then 1-2 minutes for EPA's Menu System to appear in the
window. Please be patient. EPA's Mainframe will appear in a separate
window. DO NOT close your browser once the mainframe
window appears. The browser is the foundation for running the
mainframe. Once the connection is up and running, mainframe response
will be normal.
from Host On Demand
- Logoff of the mainframe as you
Note: EPA's menu will appear in the Host on Demand
- Click on the Exit button to close the
- Click on the File Menu and then Exit
to close your browser.